What waterfront equipment does the SYC own?
- Three Santana 22 sloops
- One 16.5-ft. Catalina Capri sailboat
- One 14.5-ft. Catalina Capri sailboat
- Six 13-ft. FJ dinghies
- Three 8-ft. Laser Pico dinghies
- Six single dry kayaks
- Two double dry kayaks
- Four stand-up paddle boards
What must I do to use the equipment?
- Please click here to review our Water Sports Reservation and Guest Policy
In June and July, Members can
use Kayaks, paddleboards and Capris from 9-12 and 4:30-pier closing M-F and 11-pier closing on weekends.
Picos are available 1 pm - pier closing M-F and 11-pier closing on weekends.
available during Harbormaster hours if certified.
- At other times, the equipment is reserved for use by Youth Sailing Classes
- To reserve equipment, phone the On-Duty Harbormaster at (831) 625-8520 or email at email@example.com. Harbormaster hours are 9-5, Mon-Wed, 9-7 Thu-Fri and 11-7, Sat-Sun during the season (May 15 through September 30).
- If you are more than 15 minutes late, you lose your reservation. The first time you are a no-show, no problem. The second time, Problem. We will appreciate your cooperation.
- There is no charge to members for use of the equipment.
- The equipment is kept at the SYC Pier. Check the equipment out from the Harbormaster.
- Return equipment to the Harbormaster in advance of Harbormaster's quitting time. Tidy up the boat so that it is the way you found it.
- You must be previously "checked out" on the sailboats you will use (Kayaks and paddle boards do not require checkout). See Water Sports Reservation and Guest Policy for details governing use of the SYC equipment.
- Every water sports participant must complete an online Waiver and Assumption of Risk form. Those under age 18 must have an Adult & Minor Waiver Form completed by their parent or legal guardian. If you have previously completed an on-line waiver you need not sign another, except that minors reaching the age of 18 must then complete an Adult-Only wavier. To complete your waiver, select the applicable button below: