For SYC members, Membership includes the added benefit of being able to visit most yacht clubs around the world.
- At some of the clubs you can simply present your current SYC membership card; at others you should phone ahead and tell them you are coming; for a few others you need the SYC Commodore to fax a Letter of Introduction.
- If you need a Letter of Introduction, contact the Commodore by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, 5-10 days in advance.
- SYC cannot supply a list of yacht clubs.
- Phone your destination’s yacht club to find out their policy.
- You cannot charge services to your Beach Club account, so you must settle your charges directly with the club you are visiting.
Reciprocity for Visitors from other Yacht Clubs
Stillwater Yacht Club is a "club within a club" comprised of members of The Beach & Tennis Club in Pebble Beach. As a private club, the Beach Club and its facilities are open to members only. Visiting boaters from Reciprocal Yacht Clubs may be issued Guest Passes for use of the Beach Club facilities and amenities on a limited basis, depending on availability. Reservations cannot be made more than 6 months in advance.
Guest passes are issued by SYC's Commodore, e-mail: email@example.com; Fax: 831-309-4330. Contact should be made at least 5 days in advance. For reciprocal members, there is no surcharge for the dining room. For use of the fitness, swimming and shower areas the fee is $30 fee per day, per person. Contact the tennis pro shop (831-625-8509) for court reservations ($30 per person court fee for 90 minutes of tennis.) 72 hours advance notice is required.
Visiting yachtsmen will be required to present documentation of your current yacht club membership (membership card or introductory letter). Guest Pass recipients with vessels are asked to fly their burgee at all times.
If a Guest Pass is issued to a Reciprocal Yacht Club Member by the SYC Commodore, the following conditions apply:
- Guests are expected to behave responsibly.
- Visiting yachtsmen are responsible for the behavior of all members of their party.
- Minors must be accompanied by an Adult.
- The Officers and Board of Directors reserve the right to refuse and/or revoke the privileges of any visitor whose behavior is offensive or inappropriate.
- Attire is venue appropriate.
- The waterfront Beach Club Dining Room offers dramatic views of Stillwater Cove and Carmel Bay (reservations required). Resort attire is customary in the Dining Room. (No shorts, tank tops, beach wear or foul weather gear)
- You may also dine poolside from a limited menu. Bathing suits and workout clothes are acceptable around the pool and in the fitness center, respectively.
- Locker rooms are open to visitors with guest passes.
- We ask that all charges be paid at the time they are incurred, by either cash or credit card.
Certain dates are "blacked out" for reciprocity privileges with the Beach and Tennis Club facilities. For 2020 blackout dates are:
- AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am: February 3 - February 9, 2020
- Pebble Beach Food & Wine: April 16 - April 19, 2020
- Concours d'Elegance: August 10- August 16, 2020